/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Marital Banter

The phone rang this morning and it was my husband.

"Hey, I just wanted you to know that the doctor is going to take this thing off my face, and there will be a few stitches," he said.

"What thing? I didn't know there was a thing. I thought you were at work."

"Well, you should pay better attention."

I could tell from his tone he was nervous."Wait," I said. "Are you at my plastic surgeon's office? Ask him if he got our Christmas card."

"He did. I'm looking at it right now."

"Oh, good. Tell him that if anything happens during your procedure they can go ahead and pull the plug. Hello. Hello??"

Rude.
I chose this photo because the photographer had forced us to hold hands, and the awkwardness is palpable. Brantley actually said the words, "Please make it stop."

1 comment :